- Tripadvisor Service Excellence winner 2014, 2015
- Tripadvisor’s #1 ranked Truckee B and B 2013, 2014, 2015
- Yelp’s #1 ranked Truckee B and B 2013, 2014, 2015
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce Hospitality Award Nominee 2014, 2015, 2016
- Bed and Breakfast.com Inn of the Month July 2014, May 2016
- Sacramento City Voter Top 3 Best B & B Northern California 2015, 2016
- Tripadvisor’s Greenleader Environmental Impact Award 2015, 2016
- Best of Truckee Awards – Best Bed & Breakfast 2016
- People Love Us on Yelp 2016 Award Recipient
- LUX Hotel and Spa Award Nominee-2016
Comfortable living spaces
After your seasonal outdoor adventures, return to your guest room, outdoor patios/hammock, or enjoy the warm welcoming great-room available from 4:00pm-9:30pm with a seasonal wood burning fireplace, library and game area, and 30-foot deck facing forest and lake. After dinner, star gaze in the outdoor hot tub, enjoy a family game or movie, or fall asleep reading before the fire.
Charming guest rooms
Guest rooms are warmed by gas fireplaces. Each with private bath with shower, private entrance, window seats with forest views, snuggly bathrobes and high-end linens. Queen-size beds are wrought iron and wood, four-poster, or sleigh. Rooms have comfy chairs with reading lights. . . flat screen TVs with cable and complimentary WiFi.
Breakfast worth getting up for
Enjoy a hearty homemade country breakfast served fresh from the oven/grill each morning, served in the dining area or on our deck facing the lake. All breads and pastries are home made. Vegetarian diets and food allergies are accommodated.
Lakeside and so close to everything
Located across the street from Donner Lake at the “Crossroads.” Quarter mile to West End Beach. Three to nine miles from Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Donner Ski Ranch, Boreal, Soda Springs, Royal Gorge and Tahoe Donner. Fourteen miles to Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Four miles to historic Truckee shopping and restaurants. Seventeen miles to Lake Tahoe. Thirty-eight miles to Reno.
Due to our intimate size, let us pamper you and your family with our warm hospitality. Included in your stay each afternoon is a light homemade snack/beverage and early morning coffee/tea service. We can help you arrange a distinctive Donner stay – from simple gestures like a favorite wine or a special bouquet awaiting you, to the exceptional such as catered events, spa treatments, and more.
The ideal venue for small groups
Our five guest rooms and cozy living areas lend themselves to group overnight stays, wedding parties, business gatherings, weekend seminars, outdoors clubs, and family reunions. Let us arrange catered meals or make reservations at one of Truckee’s many fine restaurants.